Tips for Staying Healthy at Hotels in Alabang
What are tips for staying healthy at hotels in Alabang?
- Take a dip in the pool
- Explore hotel amenities
- DIY workout inside your hotel room
- Get a massage
Living a healthy life means we have to dedicate time for physical and recreational activities that reduce your stress from everyday duties.
Unfortunately, many of us do not have enough time to maintain this kind of lifestyle because of daily responsibilities. Thus, vacation time is the best time to focus on taking care of your health. At hotels in Alabang, you can do all of these tips to stay in tip-top shape:
Take a Dip in the Pool
For almost every family, swimming has always been an important part of planning the best staycations in Manila. Not only is it fun no matter your age, but the activity is also known for imparting health benefits.
Swimming with your loved ones can help improve your health by:
- Toning your body
- Working muscles that have been underdeveloped because of life activities such as work
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Makes you smarter by improving blood flow to the brain
- Making you feel better because you are around people you love
Explore hotel amenities
You don’t have to do physically demanding exercises to be healthy. Brisk walking is an exercise that helps burn calories and tone your body without placing so much strain on your limbs. It is an aerobic exercise which will improve your immune system by raising your heart rate and lung power.
You can brisk walk every day for 30 minutes around and inside the hotel as a form of exercise. To make the most out of your steps, do the power walk position.
To do this position, you should:
- Stand tall with hands arms close to you and shoulders relaxed
- Bend the arms slightly at 90 degrees while cupping your hands
- Exercise your core muscles by pulling the navel to your spine
- First start walking with your right leg and move your arms in opposition to your leg (for example, right leg first equals to left hand)
- Always transfer your weight to the heel of your feet
With this position, you will able to get into the pattern, breathe easily, and count your steps. You can easily quicken the pace whenever needed. Lastly, it will help you burn fat and gain muscle in the legs and core.
DIY Workout Inside your Hotel Room
There is no problem with just doing workouts in your own hotel room. All you need is a mat for added protection.
Exercise moves do not need equipment or lots of space are:
- Tricep Dips
- Get a stable chair in your suite
- Place your arms facing straight at the edge of the chair
- Bend your legs until elbows are exactly 90 degrees
- Extend your legs and raise your body using elbows for 15 reps
- Lunge Kick
- Start your lunge by bending your left leg
- Extending your right leg to the back
- Kick the right leg to the front then bring back. Repeat this step for 10 reps
- Afterward, do all these steps with your left leg
- Squat Jumps
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower your legs into a squat position
- Jump with an engaged core
- Then fall back to the floor in a squat position
- Repeat this for 15 reps
- Mountain Climbers
- Start with a plank. Place hands and feet on the ground while elevating your body with a straight back using your abdomen
- Then pull one leg at a time to your chest. Make sure, your pelvis is tucked and butt is lifted to help this movement.
Get a massage
After exercising, your body experiences post-workout sores. Research by Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky has shown that getting massages after a gym session will make your strained muscles recover faster. Swedish massage therapy is shown to reduce inflammation caused by the protein NF-kB while producing more of the protein PGC-1alpha responsible for muscle energy regeneration.
A massage in a hotel spa can also help the general stress and anxiety you feel because of life events. You, just like a lot of people, decided to take a vacation at a hotel in Alabang because of stress from overworking. When you feel these negative emotions for too long, it not only affects the way you think but also the way your body feels.
The body will respond to it by giving you headaches, chest aches, upset stomach, and muscle pains. Therefore, it is vital for you to soothe those pains because it can lead to other health complications in the future. Massage, even if it needs to be studied more, is already considered as complementary medicine. Having your muscles rubbed will make you more energized to work again.
Living a healthy lifestyle by exercising and doing activities that reduce stress can be difficult because of everyday responsibilities. Thus, hotels end up being a great place to do them because you have all the time. When you live healthy on a break at Alabang, you also end up having the best staycation in Manila.